In QField, a field with Attachment widget can be used to:
- Visualiser et prendre des photos
- show and record videos
- listen and record sound clips
- show links to external files like PDFs or documents
To configure the Widget, please refer to the Attributes Form Documentation
Ajouter une série de photos à une entité¶
One or more pictures can be added to the feature. Here is an example of how to proceed.
It is necessary to set up two tables. One table where the features are stored and one with a list of pictures.
Créez une relation avec:
Set the default value of the field id to
uuid() or use the UUID Generator widget. No need to show it in the form.
Set the relation widget to many to one relation and add the relation to the form
Set the widget type of the field path to Attachment and add it to the form
Some mobile devices will require for native camera mode to be turned off to enable geotagging.
To enable geotagging in case your native OS camera does not support this functionality, follow these steps:
- In QField, go to the settings and make sure Use native Camera is deactivated on your mobile device
- Completed! QField's own QML-based camera will now be utilized while taking pictures
Maximum picture size¶
The advanced settings allow rescaling the photos to a maximum width/height in QFieldSync plugin > Project configuration
Configurable attachment path¶
QFieldSync provides the possibility to configure the path of picture attachments.
- Go to QFieldSync plugin > Layers Properties
- Choisir la couche, le champ et configurer l'expression
Use expressions to specify the path of the attachments. By default, pictures are saved into the "DCIM" folder, audio are saved into the "audio" folder and videos are saved into "video" with a timestamp as name.
Additional directories can be synchronized with pictures or other attachments. Extra paths can be configured in Attachment directories. All paths are relative to the project directory.
QGIS 3.14 or newer is required for this functionality