In QField a field with Attachment widget can be used to: - show and take photos - show links to external files like pdfs or documents
To configure the Widget, please refer to the Attributes Form Documentation
Add a series of pictures to a feature¶
You can add one or more pictures to a feature. Here is an example on how to proceed.
You will need two tables. One table where the features are stored and one with a list of pictures.
Create a relation with:
Set the default value of the field id to
uuid() or use the UUID Generator widget. No need to show it in the form.
Set the relation widget to many to one relation and add the relation to the form
Set the widget type of the field path to Attachment and add it to the form
Some mobile devices will require Open Camera to be installed in order to enable geotagging.
To enable geotagging perform the following steps:
- In QField, go to the settings and make sure Use native Camera is activated
- Install the Open Camera app on your mobile device
- Within the Open Camera settings, make sure geotagging is enabled
- Within you mobile device settings, set the default camera app to Open Camera
- Completed! Open Camera will now be utilized while taking pictures with QField
Configurable picture path¶
QFieldSync gives the possibility to configure the path of picture attachments.
- Go to QFieldSync plugin > Project configuration
- Select the table "Photo Naming"
- Choose the layer, the field and configure the expression
Use expressions to configure the path of the attachments. By default, pictures are saved into the "DCIM" folder with a timestamp as name.
QGIS 3.14 or newer is required for this functionality